This policy described how Lifestyle Property Services will use your personal data.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we may carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section of this policy.
Property sales are handled by Lifestyle Property Services Ltd (the “Companies”) trading under the names Lifestyle, Lifestyle Properties & Lifestyle Property Services and is a data controller of your personal data.
Property letting & management is handled by Lifestyle Letting & Management (the “Companies”) trading under the names Lifestyle, Lifestyle Properties & Lifestyle Property Services and is a data controller of your personal data.
References to “Lifestyle Property Services”, "we" or "us" in this policy describes the Companies and the websites which you are visiting.
Lifestyle Property Services use your personal data to deliver services to you, to send you information about properties and property related services you may request of us or that we think will be of interest to you, also to conduct searches about your identity, your current and past residency addresses, and your right to live in the UK and credit history to meet applicable laws and to provide a recommendation to landlord clients, on your suitability as a tenant.
Information about you is shared with partners as described in this policy who have undertaken to hold your personal data in compliance with applicable laws.
Where we rely on your consent for direct marketing purposes, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our websites and when you register with us to receive our services. Other than the personal data which you give us (which will usually include, name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, credit history, previous addresses, identification) in response to requests from us or other parties to a transaction which you are participating in, information that we collect directly from you includes:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. In particular:
• Social Media Companies including Facebook, Twitter, Google+ when you interact with our brandthrough these platforms
• Previous or current landlords for the purpose of referencing
• Enquiries through property portals when you request further information on a property or request information or contact from one of our franchisees
• Financial Advisors, mortgage brokers, lenders and solicitors/conveyancing agents through transactions relating to the service we and our Franchisees are providing
• Other agents/companies as and when required for purposes which will be disclosed
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may each have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we and our Franchisees are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our respective legitimate interests.
You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following unsubscribe instructions contained in the communication, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
We will share your personal data with the Companies for the purpose of providing a service to you and understanding your use of our products and services.
• Mortgage brokers we are partnered with for mortgage services and advice
• Independent financial advisors for advice relating to your property
• Solicitors and conveyancing agents for legal advice relating to your property
• Any other named party to a signed contract, such as your landlord or tenant
• Third parties who provide services to the property for maintenance and repairs including plumbers/electricians/builders/carpenters-)
• Surveying companies for surveying services required for the sale/purchase of your property
• Referencing companies to obtain references for letting a property
• Block managers where a let property is a leasehold property
• Insurance and warranty companies where you have decided to buy a product or service through us
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of Lifestyle Property Services to help us run this website and also to provide our services to you. Such third parties include providers of identity checking, referencing, database management, email communications and live chat services.
In the event that we sell or integrate our business with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract, we keep the data for 6 years from your last interaction with us.
Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our sites and for 6 years after this.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page. Other tracking technologies are also used which are similar to cookies. This can include pixel tags and tracking URLs.
All these technologies are together referred to in this Policy as “Cookies”.
The types of Cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
• Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our site. Without these cookies, any services on our website you wish to access cannot be provided.
• Analytical/performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you and other visitors use our site, for instance which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. We use data from these cookies to help test designs and to ensure a consistent look and feel is maintained on your visit to the website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated. It is only used to improve how a website works.
• Tracking URLs: These are used to determine from which referring website the website is accessed.
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have any questions about this policy, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LifeStyle won't charge you any letting fees when you take one of our managed services, that are already far lower than the competition. Remember, we are Independent! and are able to negotiate fees and tailor our services to an individuals specific requirements ...